NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:smoothies, making avocado toast, and adding avocados to our tacos or fajitas. But our favourite way to enjoy avocados these days is by making this Best Ever Healthy Guacamole and eating it as a snack with fresh veggies and tortilla chips! Traditionally guacamole is made with only avocados and sea salt, but in typical North American fashion, I add fresh garlic and lime juice to this Best Ever Healthy Guacamole, and we enjoy it for lunch with some sliced veggies, corn tortilla chips, whole grain crackers, or on sandwiches and wraps, and for dinner as a condiment alongside other Mexican dishes. And with Cinco de Mayo coming up, it’s the perfect time to enjoy it!
There are so many ways you can make this Best Ever Healthy Guacamole even better and to your family’s tastes. Try some of these add-ins below to take this Best Ever Healthy Guacamole to the next level!
Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Diced Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Peppers
LOOKING FOR MORE KID-APPROVED MEALS?
Get my 1-Week Kid-Friendly Meal Plan for busy families!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more recipes like this Best Ever Healthy Guacamole? Try these delicious recipes below:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Best Ever Healthy Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 lime
- a pinch or two of sea salt (to taste)
- cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- diced red onion, diced tomato, diced bell pepper (optional)
- Peel the avocados and cut out and discard the pit. Add the green fleshy part to a bowl.
- Finely chop or, better yet, press the garlic using a garlic press. The smaller the pieces of garlic, the better.
- Wash and halve the lime, and squeeze its juice into the bowl over the avocados and the garlic.
- Add a few pinches of salt to the bowl.
- Mash everything together with a fork just until the avocados are smooth with a few small chunks.
- Give it a taste and if you think it needs a little more personality, add another pinch of salt and give it a quick stir.
- Garnish with a little bit of fresh cilantro and that's it!
- Add some diced red onion, diced fresh tomato and/or diced bell pepper if desired