These Hawaiian Turkey Burgers are bursting with smoky flavour, but they’re low in fat making them a healthier choice than a traditional beef burger. Enjoy them with fresh grilled pineapple and barbecue or teriyaki sauce!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy delicious burgers – these Hawaiian Turkey Burgers are the perfect way to get your burger fix any time of year without sacrificing your healthy eating goals! They’re made with lean turkey, delicious herbs and spices, and topped with grilled pineapple and teriyaki sauce!
LOVE burgers? Try these Grilled Turkey Burgers with Spinach and Sriracha Mayo!
I don’t know about you, but I sometimes get tired of the same-old-same-old dinners. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a good one pot wonder meal, but sometimes you just need to switch things up a bit. These Hawaiian Turkey Burgers are a fantastic way to do just that! Our family loves them with a salad on the side, but these Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges are also a great side dish for any burger!
Looking for MORE family meals? You’ll love this One Pan Spanish Style Chicken and Rice, or this French Onion Stuffed Chicken!
If you’re not a fan of teriyaki sauce, no worries – try these delicious Hawaiian Turkey Burgers with barbecue sauce and mayo instead! And feel free to add other fresh veggies, like spinach or fresh tomato slices, and enjoy these Hawaiian Turkey Burgers with mozzarella or Swiss cheese!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Hawaiian Turkey Burgers as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what are your favourite burger toppings? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes? You’ll LOVE these ones I’ve linked below!
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- 500 grams lean ground turkey approximately 1 pound
- 1/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs finely ground (use oat flour instead, for a gluten-free version)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices fresh pineapple
- 6 slices swiss or mozzarella cheese
- lettuce, red onion slices, teriyaki sauce, and/or barbecue sauce for serving
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, egg, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands or a wooden spoon to combine until everything is evenly distributed.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties with your hands, pressing them into a ball first and then flattening them with your palms and pressing in the edges.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Fry the patties in the skillet, flipping them as little as possible (once is best), cooking for about 7 minutes on the first side and about 5 minutes on the second side. The patties are cooked through when they reach an internal temperature of 74 degrees Celsius (165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Set the patties aside to rest briefly and add the remaining olive oil to the pan.
- Grill the pineapple slices in the pan on both sides, just until they begin to soften slightly and caramelize.
- Place the burger patties on buns and top with swiss or mozzarella cheese, lettuce, the grilled pineapple slices, sliced red onions, and teriyaki or barbecue sauce.