This Easy No Bake Matcha Cheesecake is ultra creamy and smooth with the most delicious matcha green tea flavour! Only a few basic ingredients, and it sets perfectly with no gelatine!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Calling all Matcha lovers! This No Bake Matcha Cheesecake is the BEST way to enjoy your favourite matcha green tea flavour, in dessert form! It’s an ultra-creamy no bake dessert that couldn’t be easier to make! Trust me, if you like Matcha even a little bit you’re going to love this matcha cheesecake!
Ingredients for Matcha Cheesecake
To make this matcha cheesecake you’ll need:
- graham cracker crumbs
- melted butter
- full fat cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- matcha powder
- white chocolate
- whipped cream
How to Make Matcha Cheesecake
- Use full fat cream cheese. Low fat cream cheese has a higher water content and therefore liquifies more at room temperature than regular full fat cream cheese does. Using full fat cream cheese will help keep your no bake cheesecake firm and help it slice cleanly for serving.
- Use whipped cream or whipped topping whipped to stiff peaks. Under-whipped cream can be too liquid-y and therefore prevent the cheesecake from setting.
- Use melted chocolate. Melted white chocolate hardens when it cools which helps give structure to a no-bake cheesecake, helping it firm up for slicing. No gelatine required!
- Add high-quality Matcha powder. Choose the best Matcha powder you can find for the best, most intense green tea flavour.
- Set the cheesecake in the fridge first, and then the freezer for best results. My no bake cheesecakes always turn out best when the chill for 6-8 hours in the fridge and then spend 3-4 hours in the freezer to firm up for those gorgeous, clean slices.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this cheesecake recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy Green Tea? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for more easy no bake desserts? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
- Easy No Bake Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Mousse Vegan Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Classic Tiramisu
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu
No Bake Matcha Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 800 grams full fat cream cheese at room temperature (approximately 28 ounces)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted to remove lumps
- 2 tablespoons Matcha green tea powder use up to 3 tablespoons for a more intense flavour and colour, if desired
- 400 grams white chocolate melted and cooled to just above room temperature (approximately 15 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream OR whipped topping at room temperature
- white chocolate shavings, whipped cream, and a dusting of Matcha powder for serving/garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter until the crumbs are completely moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and up the sides just slightly, to form a crust. Chill to set.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until very smooth. The cream cheese MUST be at room temperature.
- Add the powdered sugar and Matcha powder, and beat well until everything is well combined and no streaks of Matcha powder remain.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave (break it into small pieces first) on 50% power for 30-second increments until the chocolate is just melted.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly to just above room temperature before pouring it into the cream cheese mixture. The cream cheese mixture MUST be at room temperature or it will cause the chocolate to solidify during the mixing process, creating chunks chocolate in the cheesecake batter (the cheesecake will lose its silky smooth texture).
- Beat on medium speed until the chocolate is fully incorporated (scrape down the sides of the bowl well here).
- Fold in the whipped cream or whipped topping gently until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight, (OR for at least 6 hours plus 1 hour in the freezer) before slicing and serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, and a dusting of Matcha powder (if desired).