This quick stuffing recipe makes a delicious holiday side dish that’s full of fresh cranberries and crispy bacon! Make Cranberry Bacon Stuffing in 30 minutes for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
One of my favourite things on our family’s holiday table was always the stuffing. I don’t know about you, but for me there’s something just SO delicious about flavour-soaked bread roasted in the oven to crispy perfection, drizzled with gravy. I mean, what is not to love!!?!
This flavourful Cranberry Bacon Stuffing is my take on the homemade stuffing my Aunt used to make for our family’s Christmas dinner. She’d usually cook it inside of the turkey, which takes quite a while.
Quick stuffing recipe
But this quick stuffing recipe makes a side dish with all of the same flavours in only 30 minutes! It brings back such delicious Christmas memories for me.
Another classic Christmas food technique my Aunt used to do every year is wrapping the Christmas turkey in bacon. I probably don’t even need to tell you how delicious that was, but it’s the reason I make bacon-wrapped turkey breast for our holiday meals whenever I get the chance!!
This quick stuffing recipe is really easy to make because everything comes together in one pan.
It is packed with delicious holiday flavours like fresh cranberries and herbs, and it’s SO delicious! Cook it on the stove for a few minutes, and then throw it in the oven for about 20 minutes and you’ll have classic Christmas stuffing perfection!!
Looking for more holiday recipes for your family Christmas dinner?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this quick stuffing recipe as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite holiday side dish for Christmas? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more recipes for holiday entertaining? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy Juicy Roast Turkey
- Easy Homemade Roast Turkey Gravy
- Easy Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots
- Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad with Greens
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Berry Cocktail (Alcohol Free Version Included)
- Rosemary Dill Roasted Potatoes
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Cranberry Bacon Stuffing (Quick Stuffing Recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 pound bacon chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (frozen cranberries can be used also)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (dried thyme also works)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (dried rosemary also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- a pinch or two each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 6 cups day-old bread cubes (about 1-inch in size)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion is beginning to become translucent.
- Add the bacon and cook until the bacon is cooked through but not crispy.
- Add the cranberries, thyme, rosemary. parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Once the cranberries start to release some moisture, add the wine and let the wine cook down almost completely.
- Add the bread cubes and toss well with the other ingredients in the pan, letting them toast a little bit and soak up some flavour. Add the chicken stock and toss until the whole mixture is evenly moist.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until the top is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, or cover until ready to serve and reheat uncovered until heated through.