This Best Deviled Eggs recipe is perfect for Easter or a summer party! Ultra creamy filling with traditional egg filling flavours – easy to make in under 30 minutes! Follow my tips for the BEST hard boiled eggs ever!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Spring is on the way and I couldn’t be happier about it! Don’t get me wrong, I love me some winter soup and homemade bread (while wearing a cozy wool sweater, of course), but knowing warmer weather is on its way makes me so happy. And with the arrival of Spring comes Easter which means you all know I’m busy in the kitchen working on delicious Easter recipes for you! These Easy Classic Deviled Eggs are the BEST deviled eggs you’ll ever try and they’re packed with flavour – they’re one of my favourite Easter recipes ever!
This Best Deviled Eggs recipe is perfect for Easter, and they’re also deliciously perfect for all your summer picnics and barbecues!
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
If you’re looking for perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel and keep their perfect shape, follow these tips:
- Start with boiling water. Don’t drop cold eggs into cold water and then boil. Boil your water first and carefully drop your eggs into the boiling water with a slotted spoon.
- Room temperature eggs. Start with eggs that aren’t cold from the fridge. This will make peeling cleanly even easier!
- Set your timer. 10 minutes on the dot gives you the perfect yolk texture for deviled eggs or egg salad – not too soft and not so hard that the yolks are mealy and dry.
- Soak in cold water. Before peeling, soak your hard boiled eggs in ice cold water until they’re cool to the touch. This makes peeling easier.
How to make the BEST deviled eggs recipe:
- Choose High-Quality Free-Range Eggs. Spending just a little bit more on high-quality eggs will not only make your deviled eggs much more flavourful, it’ll also make your filling bright yellow (because free-range eggs typically have brighter yellow yolks) and beautiful.
- Use a sharp knife for slicing. Looking for those clean slices? Use a very sharp blade (not a serrated knife!) and wipe it off on a kitchen towel between cuts.
- Mash the yolks first! If you want to avoid lumps in your deviled eggs filling, mash the yolks until smooth before adding any other ingredients. Using a hand mixer helps too!
- Don’t forget the mustard! Mustard is a key ingredient in deviled eggs that gives them their distinct flavour. Experiment with grainy mustard, dijon, or other varieties!
- Get creative with spices! Deviled eggs aren’t the same without those classic spices, but add whatever spices you wish – the sky is the limit!
- Garnish and presentation! Using a piping bag and tip go a long way to creating a gorgeous swirl on your deviled eggs that takes the presentation up a notch. Garnish with ingredients that you used to flavour the deviled egg filling so your guests know what to expect!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
These Easy Deviled Eggs are the perfect accompaniment to your Easter dinner, and your family and friends will be SO impressed by the simple and elegant presentation! And if you’re looking for other delicious Easter dinner dishes, check out this Maple Dijon Glazed Ham, these Rosemary Dill Roasted Baby Potatoes, these Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots, and this Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Do you love bite-sized food? Click here for more amazing appetizer recipes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these classic deviled eggs as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite recipe for Easter? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes for Easter? You’ll love these: Easy No Bake Mini Eggs Cheesecake Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes Easy Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots Rosemary Dill Roasted Potatoes Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies Easter Double Chocolate Cookies Mini Eggs Brownie Parfaits Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY & HEALTHY SUMMER ENTERTAINING TIPS, TRICKS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY HEALTHY SUMMER ENTERTAINING E-COOKBOOK!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy appetizer. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- a pinch of cumin optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese plus more for garnish
- chopped chives and a pinch of smoked paprika for garnish
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. When the water reaches a soft boil, add the room temperature eggs to the boiling water one by one using a slotted spoon.
- Using eggs at room temperature will prevent them from cracking and breaking as they cook, so be sure to pay attention to this step.
- Set the timer for exactly 10 minutes and let the eggs boil until the timer goes off. Immediately remove the pot from the heat, drain the boiling water and place the pot in the sink to fill it with very cold tap water.
- Cold water stops the cooking process, ensuring the eggs don't overcook, so let the cold water run over the eggs until the eggs are submerged in the cold water, letting them sit in cold water to cool completely (you may have to repeat this process once or twice, after the cold water warms up from the heat of the eggs).
- Once the eggs are completely cool, carefully peel them, slice them in half lengthwise with a clean sharp knife (wiping the knife between cuts), adding the yolks to a bowl and placing the egg white halves on a platter with the insides up.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork very well until creamy and add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, garlic powder, paprika, cumin (if using), cheddar cheese , and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix on low and then medium speed with a hand mixer until the mixture is smooth and everything is combined. You can do this by hand, but the mixture will be easier to pipe if you use a hand mixer.
- Add the yolk mixture to a piping bag fitted with an open star tip (or whatever tip you'd like!) and pipe the mixture into each of the 24 egg white halves.
- Top with chopped chives and a pinch of smoked paprika on each deviled egg.
- Store in the fridge for up to 24 hours until ready to serve.