Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast roasted with garlic and herbs makes the perfect holiday turkey dinner for a small family. This recipe takes less than 2 hours to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s hard to believe tomorrow is already October!! I’m excited to be in full-on fall mode again. It’s one of my favourite seasons for many reasons, not the least of which is all the delicious cold-weather cooking I love doing!
This juicy boneless skinless turkey breast is one of my favourite mains to make, and it’s perfect for small holiday gatherings where you’re feeding 5 or 6 people!
There are so many benefits to roasting a boneless skinless turkey breast instead of a whole bird.
Aside from the amount of time you’ll save yourself, you can also save space in your oven for all those other delicious holiday dishes you plan to make, like these Crispy Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potatoes or this Easy From-Scratch Green Bean Casserole.
And since a turkey breast is so much smaller than a whole turkey, I’ve even made this delicious recipe on a weeknight. I slice up the meat for turkey sandwiches for lunches!
Kitchen tools for cooking boneless skinless turkey breast
Roasting a turkey breast requires only a few simple kitchen tools:
- A simple roasting pan or casserole dish.
- An instant read meat thermometer is a MUST for any roasted turkey breast. Check the doneness easily by measuring the temperature of the meat to ensure the turkey stays nice and juicy and doesn’t dry out!
- A good knife for carving is important for those nice, clean slices!
Best Way to Cook a Turkey Breast
Here are all my best no-fail tips for roasting a juicy holiday turkey breast:
- Use butter. Butter is the key ingredient to juicy turkey breasts and it also gives a lot of flavour, especially when you’re roasting without the skin and bones.
- Herbs for flavour. Using fresh or dried herbs is the best way to infuse a TON of flavour into your boneless-skinless turkey breast.
- Lower the oven temperature. One of the most common turkey-roasting mistakes people making is roasting at too high a temperature. This dries out your turkey breast – roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for best results.
- Use a timer AND a thermometer. Roast your turkey breast for about 90 minutes (for a 2 pound breast), but be sure to test the doneness a little early to make sure you take the turkey breast out of the oven when it reaches the correct internal temperature (165 degrees Fahrenheit) in the deepest part of the breast.
- Let it rest. Once your turkey breast comes out of the oven, let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes before slicing into it (cover with aluminum foil). This will ensure the juices stay in the meat, making your turkey ultra moist and juicy.
- Save the pan juices. Making your own homemade gravy is SO easy with the pan juices left over from your roast turkey breast. Follow my delicious homemade gravy recipe HERE and halve the recipe if you’re making it with the juices from one roast turkey breast.
Making homemade gravy is SO easy! Follow my delicious homemade roast turkey gravy recipe HERE.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this boneless skinless turkey breast recipe as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite holiday side dish to serve with roast turkey? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for holiday side dishes? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots
- Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad with Greens
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Berry Cocktail (Alcohol Free Version Included)
- Rosemary Dill Roasted Potatoes
Garlic Herb Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast
- 2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast (approximately 1 kilogram)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary chopped, dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme chopped, dried or fresh
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the turkey breast on a plate or board and pat it dry with paper kitchen towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper until the herbs are distributed throughout the butter.
- Rub the butter mixture all over the turkey breast, top and bottom, making sure every inch is coated in butter.
- Place the coated turkey breast in a shallow casserole dish or baking dish and roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 90 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the breast reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 Celsius).
- Remove the turkey breast from the oven and cover with aluminum foil (leave it in the pan). Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes, then slice and serve.