This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is ultra-decadent, gluten-free, and perfectly dense and chocolatey! Only 6 ingredients!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but for me there’s not much better than a slice of chocolate cake. This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake has it all – it’s dense and fudgey, it’s gluten-free, and its got the most perfectly crispy top. It’s one of the best flourless cakes I’ve ever had and it’s a recipe I make again and again. I just know you’re going to love it!
I’ve shared so many of my favourite chocolate cakes with you before, like this Best Ever One Bowl Chocolate Cake, this ultra creamy No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, and even these Best Ever Chocolate Cupcakes! This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is another great chocolate dessert recipe to add to your baking repertoire!
Is Flourless Chocolate Cake Gluten-Free?
Yes! Flourless chocolate cake is made with butter, eggs, sugar, chocolate and no flour! Whipping the egg whites apart from the yolks creates the volume in this flourless chocolate cake and gives it a light yet dense and fudgey texture.
What to serve with Flourless Chocolate Cake?
Flourless chocolate cake is best served with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, some fresh berries, and maybe even a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
How to make Flourless Chocolate Cake
Follow these no-fail tips for the perfect flourless chocolate cake every time!
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar (this gives the egg whites stability).
- Melt the chocolate, butter, and espresso powder together. Stir them together until smooth, and slightly cooled. Hot chocolate will deflate the egg whites and cook the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. Continue whisking until the mixture is fluffy and very pale in colour.
- Whisk together the chocolate mixture and the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the egg whites 1/3 at a time. Adding the egg whites all at once will cause them to deflate.
- Fold the egg white into the chocolate mixture gently. Mixing vigorously can cause the cake to fall in the oven as it bakes. Use a spatula for this job.
- Bake at a low temperature. Flourless chocolate cakes bake best at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into it. It will continue to bake and set even after it leaves the heat of the oven.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this cake as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite homemade decadent dessert? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more deliciously decadent desserts? Before you grab this recipe check out these beauties!!
- Best Ever Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Tart
- Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake After Eight Cheesecake
- Classic No Bake Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
- No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 6 large eggs separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (about 230 grams)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for dusting and fresh berries for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9-inch spring form pan by greasing it with butter and dusting the inside with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar on high speed with a hand mixer (use a stand mixer if you have one) until they reach stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the chocolate (chop it first), the butter and the espresso powder. Melt these in the microwave on 50% power for 30-second increments just until melted.
- Stir the chocolate mixture well and set aside to cool.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth. The mixture should be very pale.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, add the egg yolk and sugar mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk them together well. Mix the salt in as well.
- Switch to a silicone spatula and very gently fold in about one-third of the egg whites, just until the white streaks disappear.
- Add another 1/3 of the egg whites and fold them in gently.
- Add the last of the egg whites and continue folding gently until no more white streaks appear.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 50-55 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before releasing the sides of the pan and letting the cake cool on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and some fresh berries.