This Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dessert Dip is a perfect easy to make sweet treat for St. Patrick’s Day, or any time of the year! And it’s easy to make just a little bit healthier by adding low fat yogurt!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but the fact that I’m staring at the last week of February on the calendar has me a little bit shaken up! These last few months of winter have just flown by and to be honest I couldn’t be more excited about the fact that spring is just around the corner. Or at least I hope it is. I actually bought some tomato seeds last week with the hopes of starting a few tomato plants early this year and I sincerely hope I wasn’t jumping the gun. Because we still have a lot of snow on the ground where I live!
March is a month I look forward to every year, and not just because it’s spring but because it’s my birthday month! And with my birthday and St. Patrick’s Day within a few days of each other the month always goes by quickly. It’s pretty great having your birthday so close to a fun holiday like St. Patrick’s Day because of all the parties and fun activities going on. We never go overboard on holidays, especially ones like this (since we’re not Irish in the slightest!), but it’s always fun to wear green and eat Shepherd’s pie and everything mint!
Speaking of mint, the kids and I have been working on a couple awesome mint chocolate recipes for you for St. Patrick’s Day this year and I’m excited to be sharing one of our favourites with you today. In fact, my 4-year-old daughter’s exact words after tasting this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dessert Dip for the first time were “Mommy! This dip is SO delicious. I think you need to make this dip every single day!” And she’s absolutely right. It IS so delicious I wanted to dip everything in it!
When I was growing up I had a major weakness for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and the flavour of this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dessert Dip reminds me SO much of my favourite childhood ice cream. It’s the perfect dip for any fresh fruit (we love dipping apple slices and strawberries the most!) as well as vanilla or chocolate cookies and even pretzels if you’re into the whole sweet and salty thing (like I TOTALLY am!). If you’re looking for a casual, kid-friendly treat for a St. Patrick’s Day party, this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dessert Dip is just the recipe you need!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
And it’s a healthier choice than a lot of other St. Patrick’s Day treats too – feel free to use low fat plain Greek yogurt and low fat or fat-free cream cheese if you’d like and opt for only fruit for dipping (skipping the cookies will save you LOTS of calories!).
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dessert Dip recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite St. Patrick’s Day treat??
Check out these mint recipes I have linked below:
- Easy No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Mint Oreo Fudge
- Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- African Chicken Harissa with Mint Yogurt Sauce
- Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes
- Blackberry Mint Frozen Yogurt
- Easy No Bake After Eight Cheesecake
- Best Ever Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Tart
- Easy No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY AND DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my Easy No-Bake Cheesecakes E-Cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat it using a hand mixer until it's creamy and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat on high speed until it's fully incorporated.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mint extract and continue to beat on high speed until well incorporated (don't forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly mixed!).
- Beat in the green food colouring until it's fully incorporated and no more white streaks remain (skip this step if you wish).
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand and save a few for sprinkling over the top of the dip when serving.
- Serve this dip immediately, or refrigerate it for up to 2 days before serving with fresh fruit, your favourite cookies, or even pretzels for a sweet and salty twist!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.